The world is under tremendous stress since the Coronavirus outbreak in December 2019. From the USA to Europe and India, every country is panicked to deal with this pandemic (declared by the World Health Organization) in the best possible way. Quarantines, sanitizations, and a plethora of practices are being introduced to control and prevent the deadly viral outbreak and save mankind. The disease that at times turning fatal is associated with fever, cough, and various breathing difficulties, and eventually organ failures in the patient. Prevention is always better than cure and the American Red Cross is closely monitoring this COVID-19 outbreak as per the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines. Not only COVID-19, but other infectious diseases can also make you fall sick and might turn fatal at times. So, at this critical juncture of time – what is the best way to stay safe and protected? Well, there is no need to panic as we have compiled a few of the best possible options to keep you safe from COVID-19 and other infections. Explore now!
As the disease is rapidly spreading through contact with infected persons. Be it at work or home or any public place – maintaining some basic precautions can prevent you from getting contaminated.
What should you do for a safer home?
You need to take adequate care and precaution while staying indoors – whether you are relaxing with your kids or working from home. You are vulnerable to infections and virus attacks even when you are lazing around in the comfort of your home. We have jotted down ways to prevent them, check out how:
- Use a sanitizer or alcohol rub as soon as you enter your home. You can also clean your hands with soap or handwash but make sure you don’t touch anything afterward that’s potentially has germs (anything dirty). If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol in it. Alcohol rubs can also be used but ensure to use a moisturizer afterward to prevent dryness of the skin.
- Cover your face with a tissue or napkin if you are about to cough or sneeze. This will resist the infections or infected particles (droplets) from getting transmitted to others at home.
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, handrails, chairs, and all the places which frequently come in direct contact. You can also call our house cleaning experts and pest control service providers to do the needful for your home. We are even offering full home sanitization services for homes and offices at the cheapest prices in Delhi NCR.
- Ensure proper ventilation at your home, push your windows open and let fresh air in your space.
- Don’t touch babies, kids, sick, and elderly people with bare or un-sanitized hands. Keep a practice of sanitizing your hands on a regular basis.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
What should you do for virus prevention at the office?
You need to be extra careful while you are at your office and during the commute, you come in contact with people and objects (bus/metro/office seats, desks, handrails, door handles, etc.) which are vulnerable to virus and other germs that can wreak havoc. So, you must maintain adequate hygiene in and outside your office premises.
Here is how:
- Avoid handshakes, bring back the Indian way of greeting i.e. namaste. Namaste will prevent unnecessary transfer of germs and infections through touch – from one person to the other.
- Schedule a regular reminder for the employees to wash their hands, use sanitizers, napkins or tissues.
- The company should allow its employees to work from home during the endemic. It is highly suggested if the person is sick, or if any of the employee’s family member is not well or infected, then he/she should stay at home.
- It is not recommended to use public conveyance like bus, metro, etc., and to use their personal vehicles if it is urgent to go out.
- Consider rescheduling or postponing important meetings during this critical situation. Also, don’t let employees coming from abroad to visit the office during the time. Encourage them for self-quarantine and visit the doctor as soon as they return.
- Draw a line to share food with your colleagues. Take a water bottle of your own along with the homemade lunch, avoid eating food from outside. Make a practice of avoiding cold or stale food and beverages including water – heat food and water as well.
All said and done. Practicing hygiene at home and office can protect us from a wide range of bacterial and viral infections. So, it’s our utmost responsibility to stay safe and ensure other’s safety. People now a days are using sanitizers and hand wash just to avoid Cortona, but they don’t realize keeping themselves safe only is not enough. Try to spread the news without any rumors to your friends and near ones. Apart from hand hygiene keeping your home and office sanitized, cleaned, and organized promotes a healthier place to thrive in. If you are not keen enough to do home cleaning or are unable to get rid of pests and rodents, then you can get them done by calling us at 8448446679. ServicePik being a leading home service expert can effortlessly assist you in cleaning and sanitizing your place in and around Delhi NCR. Apart from these, you can also avail of AC service, electrician, plumbers, carpenter services from us by visiting our website www.servicepik.com or giving us a call. Stay clean and healthy with us for a better tomorrow!
Holi, the festival of colours is celebrated with lots of fervour to welcome the Spring in India, which roughly falls around the month of March. Holi is a celebration for the victory of good over evil dating back to the times of Lord Krishna. From Holika Dahan to smearing each other with gulal (dry-colours) and drenching with water colour – Holi has a special spot in the hearts of Indians. The feeling of joy and excitement is so prominent in people of all ages during the Holi festivities irrespective of their caste, creed, and colour. People are so engrossed in enjoying the festivities and gorging on sweet delicacies like ghujjias, laddoos, etc. that they rarely care about their skin and hair care. “Bura Na Mano Holi Hai” is what everyone shouts, but the amount of chemicals you are exposed to definitely forces you to take note of Holi safety precautions.
The wacky play of colours makes your hair frizzy, dry, damaged, and rough. Moreover, your skin and hair get stained with chemical colours that might be poisonous as not everyone is playing with organic Holi colours. So, for a safe and happier Holi in 2020ServicePik brings you these quick Holi skin and hair care tips!
Take a quick walk through these tips for a safer Holi in 2020!
Let’s talk about the skin first. Skin, being the first thing that comes in contact with be it through touch or air. Now that dangerous virus like Corona are out in the open – it’s better to stay away from being a part of the crowd. Still, if you can’t miss the colourful festivities, make sure to protect your precious skin. You look nothing, but a pink painted doll after you clean the colours. You won’t risk your face stained with colours for an important meeting the very next day. These patches of colours often give itchiness and might damage your skin.
So here are some of the pre and post Holi tips for skin.
- Rub ice-cubes for at least 5 to 7 minutes on your face before going out to play Holi to help closing the pores of your skin. It ensures that the harmful colours do not penetrate your skin and cause inflammations.
- Oiling your skin with essential oils like almond oil, and coconut oil, is a great way to restore the natural texture of your skin. It has a good effect on shielding your skin against acne and pimples.
- It is always advised to apply an ample amount of moisturizer or sunscreen to avoid any tanning and roughness on the skin before stepping out for the Holi party 2020. Moreover, t is tough to retain your natural skin tone post Holi celebration.
- Nails look awful when stained with the stubborn Holi colours. We’ll share a quick hack, which most of you are not aware of! Apply a coat of transparent nail paint on your nails over it, to protect your nails from ugly stains. You can alternatively book a nail spa service for the same from ServicePik.
- You can also protect your lips from the dampness, by applying petroleum jelly beforehand. It keeps your lips hydrated and protected throughout the festival!
- Post Holi, you can use natural face-masks that can restore the natural balance of your facial-skin. Also, cleaning with organic soaps will help in maintaining the PH balance of your skin.
- After taking a shower, you can apply moisturizers and oils to your skin to keep your skin moisturized. On top that – drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
After shielding your skin and taking care of your body, the next most-prone area is your hair. All of us love to have shiny and glossy hair! But after enjoying the “Rang Barse” festival, the dirt and fizziness in your hair, makes it a painful affair. Getting your hair drenched in water colours will leave it dry and dehydrated. We have got a fix for this as well!
Check out some pre and post Holi tips for Hair.
- Give your hair a relaxing oil massage. This will help your hair as well as scalp from hugging any colour. You can use the mixture of coconut and castor oil for the same.
- Bun up or tie your hair to avoid spreading of colour on the hair. You can also wear a cap to protect your natural hair colour and look fashionable.
- If your scalp is sensitive and your hair tends to have dandruff in it, try adding few drops of lemon juice to the oil you are massaging on your scalp and oil.
- If you are planning for a haircut, please do that after the festivities. If possible, take a hair spa and head massage to revive the smoothness, you can avail at-home beauty services for it.
We hope these tips will help you to enjoy the festival in full mood without worrying about your skin or hair damage due to the Holi colours. Holi is a festival that brings together forgetting our differences and greet each other with sinful colours. But we need to take adequate care before going out and play. We have listed some tips also, to play a safer Holi.
- Use Herbal or organic colours.
- Instead of playing Holi with chemical colours, give it a twist. Use natural flower petals or dry flowers, turmeric powder, etc.
- You can avail Home cleaning, Beauty services and Painting services after the festival is over.
- Use less of water and more of laughter.
- Cover your car before Holi to avoid any stain or discolouration of paint. If this happens, you can call our experts for Car wash, and get it done in just 2 hours!
Since the arrival of the era of e-commerce, online shopping is booming like never before. With an increasing number of consumers choosing to buy products and services online rather than purchasing them in-store the web-based market trend is experiencing an upsurge.
Purchasing products online is now an ongoing process, but you can avail of services online as well. You can book online services such as home cleaning, pest control, AC service, carpenter, electrician, beauty services and a lot more! Opting for online services is too convenient nowadays that you don’t have to search for domestic help, as service providers approach you directly to get your job done within no time!
Online service portals such as ServicePik assure you to have trained and experienced service providers, full-fledged sales support, security, safe-payment modes, and enticing service experience. You can book your services directly, with your mobile or laptop with a single click!
The time-crunched modern-day lifestyle brings a lot of frustration, when you need to visit a store or service provider to get things or services, the online ones come to your rescue. There are numerous online sites accessible through your computers, tablets, and mobile devices to do the work with a single tap! With on-the-go services such as Click and Collect growing on the internet, here are some of the reasons why online shopping for services and products ranks higher than purchasing in-store.
Here are 7 reasons that prove why people choose online rather than doing it offline.
It is better than offline shopping as it saves time. Online shopping is perfect for people with a hectic lifestyle that prevents them to manage their daily chores, attend professional needs, and yet spare some personal time for shopping groceries or personal needs. Besides spending hours roaming through multiple shops, you can buy products in a couple of clicks online.
It is convenient, due to the time and convenience factor. You don’t visit the place, avoid traffic, crowd and the rush, no weight to carry or getting overloaded with shopping bags. And on top of everything, manage your home chores without much hassle.
- 24/7 Shopping
For working individuals, it offers the flexibility to surf online sites anytime and anywhere! Since the individuals can make their buying decisions according to the time and day they want, the standard opening and closing hours of the store holds no significance. You can literally shop without a drop!
- Price Comparison
Offline stores have intermediaries in between, taking up products from the manufacturers and selling the same to the retailers. The middle-man adds up their commission before proceeding with the sale process. The product, therefore, reaches the retail user at a higher price.
Online stores generally buy products directly from different vendors, cutting the intermediary margins and allowing the option to buy the same product at a cheaper price. Online sites also provide facilities to avail offers/coupons to save more money. These portals also provide a wide range of flash sales and seasonal/festival sales. It is difficult to find such exclusive deals/offers offline.
- Ditch the queue:
You no longer need to wait in long queues to get your desired product to be billed. You just need to add what you want to buy into the cart and directly proceed towards the online checkout. Within a day or a few the product gets delivered to you. You can book services (home services, yoga, dance class, pest control, car/bike wash, etc.) online effortlessly through your mobile or web browser.
- No crowd
Shopping in the crowd especially for people who are claustrophobic seems a herculean task. To get rid of this, you can opt for online shopping/service portals for the best and hassle-free experience. When you are shopping online, you won’t be dealing with the frustration of crowded stores. That’s where the online shopping stores can assist you with. Moreover, you can save your favorite items to purchase later in an online wish list.
- Locate a variety of products easily
Locating a product that you want to buy in the shopping mall is tough unless you ask someone for help. But, with online portals – you can type and search the desired item. You can quickly browse through hundreds of products in a matter of seconds to find exactly what you need. For example: If you are looking for a red dress, you will find n number of options to choose from. Ranging from prices, designs, patterns, material etc, you can scroll through different options. You can sort the search results as per price, preference, ratings etc.
- Easy Return Policies
What happens when you don’t like a dress or the colour doesn’t look pretty on you, or the size doesn’t look nice. If it’s an offline store, you won’t get time to visit the store to return or exchange it ASAP. But if you’re dropping that product online, you’ll get the benefit of exchange or return without leaving your comfort, at times with a complete refund!
Well, all said and done – online shopping is a rage and turning to be the thing of the future. From grocery to clothes, cosmetics, medicines, home needs, raw or ready to eat food, etc. are just a click away. You can even browse sites like www.servicepik.com and book a relaxing hair spa or rejuvenating yoga session, or pest control or home cleaning service to enjoy your time off. Customer satisfaction is the core of the industry – both the product and service industry try to offer the best offers to their customers to grow their business and build their brand.
So, people are shifting towards digital media in all genres of buying something, which provides them with ease, comfort, discounts, vouchers, deals, prices, variety, home delivery and much more! They also accept a wide range of payment modes (cash on delivery, net banking, card payment, UPI, etc.) unlike the offline stores. Shop online and keep chilling!
Spending hours with popcorn in hand, gazing at your favourite episodes of Netflix, or chatting with your bestie with your headphones on… All of us have some of the other reasons why we are so drenched in love for our Couch! A couch/sofa is one of the vital pieces of furniture in our homes and the way it looks influences the tone of your interior.
Some brands bespoke the seating according to your taste. But how about designing your favourite seating in your style? It is a myth that designing your sofa is a prolonged process. Whereas it is just a matter of proper planning and patience. Be it crafting something out-of-the-ordinary – choosing from monochromes or pastels, and picking up plush textures to bold colours, you can’t resist getting everything your way. When you get to design something on your own, think about what makes you happy, what lifts your mood, and what compliments your walls.
Check out our step-by-step guide to design your couch by yourself:
- Stroll with the time
Time management is one of the prime factors in couch customization, mistaking it to be an intimidating process. But pre-planning everything will make the process smooth and fast. Take a parallel walk with time, note down all your tasks to be done while making room for designing your furniture.
- Know your furniture
The first step after planning for customization is to scrutinize your sofa/couch. What’s the size of your furniture that has to be curated, the dimensions with the arm silhouettes, and the fine-edged legs need to be assessed.
What if you’re planning to add your customized furniture in a new space? Then you should mind the area of space too – the particular furniture is proportionate to space or not, how will it look, and a lot more.
If the area you’re planning to install your furniture is small, oversized furniture will ruin the look.
Also, the colors that you plan to add depends on the size of your room and the dimensions of your couch.
Every little detail matters when it comes to designing your sofa. You need not be specific to the size, but you should have an idea of the same. Since this process will help you in the next set of steps, knowing your sofa is simply the base and the other aspects revolve around it.
- Choose the Upholstery
We believe that the fabrics that your furniture wears reflect your personality. The fabrics should also match the style, décor, and type of space. Let’s say it’s a formal room or office space, you should just pick an elegant color, maybe black or grey or any other pastel color will suit the serenity. But if it’s a children’s room, the brighter tints will look great. The colors should pop out and say about the space.
You can select from the following fabrics for a better experience:
Cotton is pure, comfortable, affordable and it has resistance to wrinkling. The best quality cotton blends usually contain about 46% to 60% cotton.
Microfiber is an ultra-soft polyester fabric made to be stain-resistant. These are quite softer and easier to clean which are made of tightly woven synthetic fibers, thereby providing durability and moisture resistance. Microfibers are not so expensive and are suitable for big-sized sofas.
Faux Leather Upholstery:
Faux leather upholstery fabric is resistant to moisture, mildew and fungus growth. This fabric can absorb heat and protect it for longer. It enhances the look of your furniture with the right blend of cushions atop. You can find n number of designs and textures in faux leathers and the best part is its durability which can go wash free for longer.
Linen fabrics are made up of flax and are extremely strong. It is a kind of natural textile fiber implying soft, smooth and naturally lustrous fabric that offers excellent durability. Linen has a well-deserved reputation for eco-friendliness. Linen possesses a natural resistance to bacteria, microflora, and mildew, making it a great choice for those with allergies.
- Comfort Constraint
Don’t think the couch you’ve picked up is comfortable just because when you first sat on it you fell for it. You have to consider other aspects as well, as the height and size of the possible users, space it will be placed in, etc. The height and softness of the armrests and back-rest, along with the composition of the fabric. Avoid using slippery fabrics, as this won’t prevent your body from sliding into a bad posture and getting cramps or back pain. To avoid back problems, it is recommended that our legs are at an angle of 90º while we are seated.
How comfortable your couch is, is the main constraint for using it in the long run. Decide your couch keeping in mind all these aspects and the space constraint.
- Selections to suit your style
To make the couch align with your home décor, walls, and space – you should pick some cushions that bring out the best on your couch. You can go for vibrant colours ( against a pale or light coloured fabric), aesthetic prints or colourful cushions all-together.
The cushions or artifacts will surely add a touch of elegance to your couch and the area where it is placed. You can also go for wall textures/paintings to contrast your furniture.
If you want customized furniture to match your interiors then try hiring carpenters from ServicePik and see the magic!
Pretty enough tips, right? We hope these tips can be of good enough for your interiors, and we won’t mind any pictures (share with us, please) that you click post the makeover. Well, if you are keen on trying out attractive wallpapers and wall colours for your beautiful home along with the furniture. ServicePik is the most desired solution provider for that matter. Explore www.servicepik.com for more!
We know you’re too busy, but when it comes to health you should not miss this quick read! People are racing, and are busy chasing the next coin. But the reality is, the busier we become, the shorter our days. We don’t find much time to exercise and focus on our well-being, 24 hours seem too less for us after work. Our daily routine has confined us to earn money for living a better life that we neglect our health and fitness. With every passing hour, the race to maintain our health becomes challenging but we fail to learn how to achieve a healthy lifestyle with our busy schedule.
- Never miss your breakfast
We rush for our work and skip the very first meal of the day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day that we shouldn’t miss or forget. Most of us usually sip a glass of milk or the morning coffee/tea, but that is not enough. We must always eat something healthy before we scoot out to work.
What you can have: Cereals or cornflakes, muesli or oats, vermicelli or upma etc. Anything that is healthy and can fill your tummies for a longer duration.
- Healthy snacks in between meals
We usually have a habit of taking 3 meals a day, including breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eat-in small amounts after every two hours so that your stomach is always a little full and you don’t feel hungry abruptly during the day.
What you can have: Digestive biscuits, homemade cookies, fruits, nuts, salad etc.
- A healthy punch to keep you hydrated
We have discussed what you can eat, but what’s healthy in beverages? Drink tons of water to keep your body hydrated. According to a study published by the journal Obesity in 2015 – drinking two full glasses of water half an hour before eating causes moderate weight loss over the duration of 12 weeks.
And if you want a little sweet or sour punch, you can try sipping on buttermilk, coconut water, lemonade in place of plain water once in a while.
- Work out at your workplace
Don’t focus too much on laptops, but try to move and stretch in between. Working out is not limited to the gym only, you can exercise at your desk only. We have listed down some exercises that you can do right away, Check out some cool desk exercises online.
Avoid using the lift or escalator, instead, take the stairs. Try walking in the office corridor while on call or chatting with your colleagues – rather than sitting idle and having the conversation.
After having your meal, utilize your lunch break for a walk. Make a habit of walking in the office premises after an hour of sitting at one place. Got to go for a meeting? If possible, opt for an outdoor meeting with your clients so that you can literally ‘Walk and Talk”.
- Yoga and Meditation
If you are not comfortable with the workplace exercises, then you can do Yoga. Yoga heals your body, protects you from several diseases, pours in positivity and gives power to your mind and soul. We have made it even easier for you to perform this activity, you can hire trained yoga experts from online service providers like ServicePik. Relax, rejuvenate and revitalize with Yoga and Meditation.
- Break up with your unhealthy habits
Do away with unhealthy intakes such as alcohol, cigarette, drugs, sweets and fast or junk food. These unhealthy habits will surely hamper your health, so better to break up with them!
It’s of no use to spend money on a gym or personal trainer sessions in order to be fit and healthy. You only need to have an ample amount of dedication and self-confidence. Nowadays, there are so many applications to help you exercise, guide and get trained. There is an application that reminds you to take water, an application is available to make you realize that you’re sitting for too long and you need to move! If you’re really busy, you must take the help of the technology. Take great care of your body, and it will take care of you too. In case, you’re too annoyed with so many apps, simply hire at-home fitness trainers from ServicePik at your convenience.
In this era of work-focused life, employee needs and support within the workplace drives productivity at a fast pace? Every establishment irrespective of its size has its own culture, values, priorities, the workforce, mission and vision, and a lot more than varies from organization to organization. A company’s environment broadly depends on these factors for blending them into its work culture! But what makes it a healthy workplace to thrive in?
A positive work-culture is vital for productivity and active engagement within the company. Setting the bar for the right culture and helping it develop at a fast pace is a must in today’s rapidly evolving business world. When the workplace is a happy and healthy space to work in employees become more focussed and productive for driving the business growth a notch higher!
Within a healthy workplace – employees feel valued, safe, comfortable, and they work confidently to grab the opportunity and deliver their best for growth. The company must create an office culture that is mindful of the mental well-being and takes a deterministic-life approach. Since, work takes a major part of one’s life, and is inseparable from your needs and wants.
The question comes, why and how a work culture gets effected?
When companies lack efficient management, factors like stress, overtime, and employee dissatisfaction increases.
This is due to:
- The company only focuses on its growth and not employees’ growth.
- Goals are misunderstood, and misguided
- Communication gap
When these core management functions are accomplished successfully, employee satisfaction increases, lowering stress levels and organizations tend to step towards a positive and healthy work culture.
How to fix the work-culture issues and keep it employee focused?
You can start slow – one step at a time. Employee surveys, feedbacks, and reviews cost too little but are robust ways to dip your toes in to understand the culture that works best for the company. Always plan first and then proceed, keeping the employees’ interests at the top. Being transparent will help you build trust and that will be an important foundation to establish an active and productive culture.
Here are some of the most effective measures to help you transform your workplace into a healthy one!
The importance of safety at the workspace cannot be ignored! Your organization should entail an efficient safety guideline free from any hazards, accidents and risky situations to work in. The infrastructure maintenance issues should be handled quickly and employees need to be provided with written safety guidelines that must be followed to ensure everyone’s wellbeing.
Ensure routine checks and mock drills to avoid any mishaps.
Why and where the company is moving should be clear. Its goals, objectives, and motives should always be inculcated to every employee’s mindset so that everyone all of them works towards achieving the same milestone.
- Say yes to Ideas
Getting ideas from the maximum number of brains from your company is always a positive point for your company. The more people get involved the more ideas are on board to catapult the growth of any organization.
Employees will also feel that they and their ideas are accounted for the business value of your organization.
- A team that plays together stays together
An organization that puts more effort into building strong teams, is a leading one. Stress on group efforts where employees depend on one another to produce the best results. A team holds up the employee’s talents and combines it into greater output. This also helps the workforce to learn how to work together, grow together!
Let your teams involved in cross-departmental activities at regular intervals through games, events, award ceremonies, etc. to build stronger bonds for a healthier work environment.
What today’s employees want is regular feedback, clearly communicated goals, and a collaborative work environment to make them feel progressive, unbiased, relevant, and encouraging. Facilitate these through periodical feedback and interactive sessions with the human resource team and understand where the company needs to be more supportive to bring out the best in talented employees.
Employee value, respect, and importance can readily change the employee’s behavior towards the company. If it’s a multi-culture company, value and respect each and every employee’s culture. Making fun of, or disrespecting their customs can make your work culture fail at a bigger cost.
- Equal Pay
The main confidence booster of the workforce is salary and timely pay. Many employees who are actively seeking the job are looking for a pay hike, so make sure that routine raises/increments should be there to keep your pay rates competitive with other companies, which is essential to retain your existing talent pool.
Because retaining an old employee is cheaper and better than hiring a new one due to a varied range of factors.
A healthy workplace is the one where employees feel valued and supported, provides a healthy workspace, and respect for the other aspects of their life. The happiest employees tend to have a commitment to the organization, and a sense of purpose with which they are most satisfied.
There is not a single solution to quicken the process of healthy work culture. But yes, there are some steps that we have listed above, to make this a part of your organization and make the employees, your golden asset. Identify and understand the building blocks that form a strong foundation for a healthy workplace culture offering employers a clear starting point. Employers have an opportunity to create a workplace where employees can prosper. If you find your employees constantly being under stress, then there are ways you can help – such as yoga sessions. Companies such as ServicePik are available online to help you find the right yoga trainer for your workforce to let them deal with their stress and inculcate a better work environment.
How to Keep Your Washing Machine Up and Running?
Manually doing your household chores has become a passé! Because smart electronic equipment has taken over the territory to ease off your stress. But imagine the worst-case scenario when any of them breaks down and leaves your life out of place? For example, your much-needed washing machine giving up on you one fine day! How are you going to handle this sudden disaster on the face of your already piling up dirty linen? Well, before it’s too late with this great help of yours, we bring you a couple of quick tips as to how to take care of it.
So, here we go with those amazing washing machine care tips:
- Perform Deep Cleaning: Though we mostly ignore to show some to our home appliances it’s important to pamper them every once in a while. Because one fine morning it might stop working and make your day troublesome with a pile of dirty clothes to be washed. The minerals found in water are usually harmless for your machine and clothes, but over time detergent, dirt and fabric particles get deposited inside your machine and clog the pores of the tub. This eventually makes the sensors to respond poorly and might result in serious issues. So, ensure to get the washing machine cleaned with a good cleaner at regular intervals for it to function flawlessly. The cleaning solutions are available for less than 500 rupees which are nominal when compared to an out of order washing machine. Yet if you feel that you are not sure of handling it on your own, then calling for professional help is recommended. There are plenty of service providers such as ServicePik to take care of this.
- Protect it From Splashes and Spillage: Detergent, dirt, and water result in a residual mixture that usually ruin the look of your top-loading machines of late. Because everything such as water, detergent, softeners are poured from the top which leaves splash and spillage marks on the machine exterior. With time build-ups and stains start appearing on your washing machine. Before it goes out of hand and blocks the sensitive parts of your machine ensure to perform regular cleaning of the gasket and the appliance exterior as well.
- Pick the Appropriate Detergent: Avoid using harsh detergents with your machine, as harsh chemicals might ruin your machine. Not only machine parts but also clothes get spoiled with strong alkalic detergents. Pick an environment-friendly powder or solution recommended for your washing machine.
- Safeguard the Finish of Washing Machine: Washing machines are no longer only appliances that clean your laundry, but a piece to show off your interior skills. Yes, you heard it right, they nowadays are a part of the look and feel of the corner you have placed them in. A stylish looking washing machine certainly adds a charm to your space apart from tidying up your dirty linen. For front-loading machines, people even use the top portion as a display table to keep cleaning solutions, detergent powder, and stuff. But, be aware of keeping all the things over time would leave dirt and scratches over the machine surface and ruin its beauty. A sparkling clean machine will enhance the look of your space, unlike a dirty and cluttered one. Make sure to wipe off the top of your machine using a glass cleaner to maintain its original finish and gloss.
- Clean the Dispenser-Trays: Softener and detergent dispenser trays in your washing machine let the machine to mix water with the softener and soap, and pouring them into the washing tub. Though it’s a clean process, with time a gradual build-up of residue occurs over the trays if not cleaned at regular intervals. Eventually, it leads to bacterial growth and toxic elements that contaminate and ruin the hygiene of your clean clothes.
- Tidy up the Gasket: Your washing machine’s gasket always goes under the grill with bucket loads of laundry being washed frequently. Detergent spillage and dust are accumulated on the gasket usually on top load machines as dust particles are deposited with every operation (opening and closing the lid). The dirt and grime get stuck to the gasket, and as the gasket doesn’t get properly wet, it is seldom self-cleaned during a laundry session. The gasket protects your clothes and your hands from sharp edges of the machine’s washer-dryer and needs regular to work well. Make sure to clean it up every now and then.
- Prevent Moisture Deposition Inside the Machine: Once you are done washing clothes or drying them, leave the lip of the machine open for a while. Let the moisture get evaporated, however, you should not leave the lid open for longer and attract dust and grim. Immediately closing the lids will trap the moisture within the machine and result in bacteria and germ build-up. Allow the door to stay open for about 15-20 minutes and then wipe the moisture off with a soft towel.
- Use a Cover and Trolley for your Machine: As most machines are kept in balconies, make sure to cover it with a plastic cover to protect it from dust or rain splashes. Moreover, use a trolley to keep the machine over it and move it as you desire indoors or outdoors. Clean the cover every 2 to 3 weeks to avoid dust and grim depositions.
Hello Delhiites’! How you breathing?
“Dilli Ka Sab Acha, Sirf Hawa Nahi”
Do you share the same feeling?
Checkout what can help you to combat pollution, it’s just a 5 minutes job.
The title itself says what we are going to talk about but there’s a twist! We are not going to repeat the same words we will be telling you easy ways to beat the pollution instead! Air pollution refers to the presence of excessive amounts of certain impurities such as dirt, dust, and chemical substances, gases, etc. that can be dangerous to health.
As the skies lit up with fireworks on Diwali, pollution peaked across northern India like every other part of the country celebrating this festival of lights. But the pollution in Delhi came to the limelight two weeks before Diwali. Making the city, one of the un-safest places to breathe in.
Let’s check the Air Quality Index statistics of New Delhi in October.
The initial days of October served a good air quality index. Post 2nd October, gradually the air quality started deteriorating as the festival days were ahead. The results prevailing at the month end was worst and Delhi was being called as a poisonous gas house that was hazardous to live in!
The Government of Delhi has already started acting on air pollution through the ‘Odd-Even’ Scheme. But the question is what are we doing on our part and is this enough to beat the demon called ‘Air Pollution’? After the festive season, we are not in a mood to pull our socks down! Since we work to help you in this crucial situation, we have come up with a solution to this issue!
So, let’s list down what can you do to improvise or work on fixing the monstrous pollution in Delhi. Judge yourself on this!
- How often do you clean your home and outside verandas?
- Do you prefer wearing a mask or breathe in a fresh air?
- Do you have plants – both indoors and outdoors?
- Public transport or your personal vehicle – what’s your pick?
- Do you have air purifiers at home?
- The main question, do you or anyone at your place smoke?
While reading the above points, we know you have all the right answers to all of the questions. We always look to blame others for the problems we face, that’s common human tendency. Keep in mind that there is always two parties involved in every issue. Hence, we are also a part of the problems we face! You cannot always blame the society, for polluting the environment. You must always stand first, take responsibility and convince others to follow your steps.
We have jotted down ways to save you from the black chamber outside:
- The task with utmost priority is cleaning your surroundings. It comprises of cleaning everything from the water tanks to washrooms, rooms having windows and dust prone areas in the house. You can get the cleaning done with the help of service experts from online providers like ServicePik. Many factors can affect the quality of indoor air, from cooking to burning incense. Also ensure to chuck major dust collectors, such as old cushions and heavily upholstered furniture.
- You can keep air-purifiers at home and to keep the indoor air clean. This air friendly technology can make you free from harmful airborne particles such as dust, dander and pollen, is the best way to cope with allergies as well as other respiratory infections. This is highly recommended for expectant moms-to-be or new mothers, new born babies, toddlers, elderly people, people sensitive to pollens and dust allergies, or pets at home. This is an expensive deal and is only preferable when you spend most of the time indoors.
- Wear a mask, but a breathable respirator. Because, you shouldn’t get choked by the mask. To avail the benefits, you’ll need to purchase an air-purifying respirator, rather than a facial accessory made from cloth. Wearing a respirator seems essential to those diagnosed with lung infections, asthma, cardiovascular disease and are obese or diabetic.
- Allow indoor plants to spread freshness and vitality as plants absorb carbon dioxide and release pure oxygen in the environment. If you cannot afford Air purifiers, you can keep air-purifying indoor plants inside your house. Plants such as Snake plant, Spider plant, Boston Fern, Peace Lily etc. can remove harmful toxins from the air.
You can check the plants that are suitable under this category.
What all services does ServicePik offer?
House Cleaning Services: Take the help of ServicePik experts to get rid of dust and dirt from your house. Home services include Sofa deep cleaning, Bathroom cleaning, Fan cleaning, wiping and cleaning the rooms, floor cleaning, kitchen and living room cabinets, deep cleaning the home, etc.
You can book your house cleaning services through the following link:
Car Wash Services: Dirty cars, means dirty air. Cars and trucks are one of the leading causes of air pollution — but cleaner vehicles can help limiting the emission and pollution. Keeping your car washed is a low-cost way to protect and prevent against contaminants such as dirt, pollen, tree sap, air pollutants and deceased bugs. To book car cleaning services, you can call ServicePik right away!
Now that you have a fair idea about fighting air pollution on your own, here is a quick Vastu tip for your rescue!
Vastu Tip: Tulsi (Holy Basil) Plant
It is a great air purifier, and is highly significant in Vaastu Shastra. For best results, place a Tulsi plant in a pot in the north, east or northeast direction of your house where there is ample amount of sunlight and air. It brings positive energies and purifies the air with its aroma.
So, to beat Dilli Ka Pollution, follow the above stated tips. We hope that it turns out good for you and the environment. If you have any suggestions or more tips that can help, feel free to share them in our comments section!
Hello October! And well, the season of festivities has arrived! Navratras are initiating the month while Diwali will be adding more sparkle to it afterward. This in turn inevitably calls for house cleaning in every Indian home. We understand your pain and agony when it comes to taking up home cleaning on your own. Diwali is next on the calendar, once the Navaratras are over. The festival of lights is all about house cleaning, dumping the old, decorations, and welcoming the new. Diwali cleaning is a mandate nowadays as it’s a yearly cleaning ritual for most homes, but the question here is, have you planned your work accordingly? Are you prepared to go through the grill and take up the pain all by yourself or you’re hiring experts to get the job done?
If you feel that you can do the house cleaning by yourself, we have the following tips to fasten up your work.
Let’s check them out:
Kitchen deep cleaning:
Mark the days when you’re free to work. Start from one room and schedule the days accordingly. Don’t rush everything but yes, don’t make any room for comfort and laziness as well 😮 Take small breaks in between cleaning your room. Ensure that you take up one area at a time to eliminate the chance of spreading the mess.
Check out the areas which more prone
Places like cupboards, cabinets, shelves, under the bed, sofas, etc. are your initial targets. Pull out the stuff lying in the messy and unreachable areas within your home and dust and wipe them with dusting cloth. You’ll find plenty of things during this cleaning session – lost pens, accessories, invoices, even your favourite spoon, and not just dirt and dust.
Decide to Bin or Stow:
Identify things that are useful for you and the ones that aren’t. Shoot away the ones that you don’t want to occupy your space. Bin the documents which are no longer useful and all the scratch you’ve kept for so long. But make sure to shred the documents to make your address and contact details inaccessible to someone who will go through the garbage and misuse it for unethical practices. Time to trash them! Stow all the items nicely in a proper cabinet that is useful or important for you. You can donate your disowned toys or clothes after a quick wash. You will come across a flood of dresses and apparel, and we know the excitement.
Tip – Categorize your stuff! For example: Keeping documents in a safe yet reachable cupboard, discard the old bills, coupons or visiting cards.
Eh! A day for entertainment:
How about cleaning your home entertainment system? We are talking about all the electronic equipment meant for entertainment including your LCD/LED, home theatre, speakers, digital players, etc. Use a microfiber cloth to clean them. Check if repairs are needed. Kindly use a liquid cleaner to avoid any colour/screen tampering.
Kitchen deep cleaning:
Where there is food, there is life. The kitchen is not less than a holy place for us as well as the pests including rats and rodents, cockroaches, ants, and the list goes on. Which in turn demands regular cleaning practice for the homeowners. Take out all the items – boxes, jars, and kitchenware from the slabs and drawers. Use a pest repellent on your own or you can take help from any pest control service providers such as ServicePik for the same. There is also the option for herbal pest control service if you are hesitant to avail chemical pest control service. They can provide you herbal ones as well.
After this, dust and wipe out all the drawers and slabs, as well as clean up the spaces under the stove, sink area, and the wall tiles. Scrub your kitchen floors and walls, slab tiles with a cleaning solution to remove the sticky, oily, and greasy dirt and stains. Place an old newspaper inside the drawers and use stickers/labels on jars to name your items. Pile up the jars nicely, keeping the small ones at the front and the bigger ones at the back.
Clean your refrigerator racks with half-cut lemon soaked in vinegar. Store all the fresh veggies and fruits after washing them, dump the rotten ones. Dust and wipe the front doors and top properly.
Vacuum the rooms:
To fling off the dust in the living room, and bedrooms, you need to vacuum the area or you can ask your house help to do the usual ‘Jhaadu Poccha’ using a disinfectant.
Bathroom/washroom (Yah! Whatever you call it)
Use a soft cloth to clean the shelves after dusting them. Again, you’ll be needing your house help to clean the toilet and seats, or you can clean the same using the usual cleaning liquid and jet pipe. Arrange your daily products, throw away the unwanted and expired products. Discard the excess water using a wiper and place a room freshener to kill the odour in your bathroom.
Tip – For the washbasin, use your old toothpaste, add equal parts of water and vinegar to scrub the dirty area. Use a disinfectant to wash away the showerheads, taps, and other handles.
Don’t leave any room for dusty flecks:
No matter how much you try, dust particles always find a way and stubbornly remain in the less cleaned areas, such as fans, coolers, bed covers, cabinets, etc.
Fans: The blades of fans attract a lot of dust particles on it. Clean it with a wet cloth after dusting it. Don’t try to be superhuman, take help, please!
Bed Covers/Cabinets: We usually don’t check the bed covers and the drawers and storage space under them. Take out all the items you’ve kept there. Vacuum clean or dust it with a dry cloth to remove dirt.
Now that your home is sparkly clean, how about taking up a better and more interesting job? Well, you guessed it right we are speaking about painting your walls for Diwali. This will add a spark to your home apart from bringing in freshness. If you are unsure of how to find the right shade or personnel to take up the job you can again ask for professional service from ServicePik. For more colour ideas that suit your mood and home needs, you can let your creative mind wander for the best possible options.
In the end, here is our Vastu Tip for you: Take a spray bottle and mix some salt and water in it and spray around the house. Doing this during Diwali brings positive energy as salt is assumed to absorb negative vibes.
Well, we have sorted out most of your work here. If you want to take the help of our house cleaning experts, we are always here to help you.
Do you remember when was the last time you have cleaned your water tank? Your water tank or water storage system should always meet the highest of hygiene standards. With gradual use, impurities and residues sit at the bottom of your water tank. Eventually leading to the birth of pathogens, bacteria, and germs that contaminate the water that enters and leaves the tank. If you examine the stored water in your tank, you’ll confront the impurities and dirt settled underneath. These bacteria and other germs contaminate the water which you use without knowing how unsafe it is for you. Worried enough about the health risks that follows?
The question here is how often do you clean your water tank? Cleaning your water tank regularly is a must, especially for houses having pregnant ladies, elderly people, ailing member, infants or kids. The water storage systems must always be cleaned once in every month or at regular intervals. Are you wondering about how it can be done? Well, we have everything in your interest here. You can clean the tank all by yourself if your tank is in safe reach, or you can take the help of a water tank cleaning expert available in your vicinity or book one from online service providers such as ServicePik.
How to clean your water tank yourself?
Here is a step by step approach for cleaning the water tanks on your own. Please go through the following steps to make the work flow in the right direction.
- Choose the water tank: This foremost step involves selecting the tank on the basis of accessibility, ease of cleaning, and safety. Check if your tank can be cleaned normally. For that it must be easily accessible to you. The location of the tank should be safe enough to conduct self-cleaning. Else, you must get in touch with a professional cleaning service to take up the job. There might be moss and mud due to accumulated dirt and water overflowing from the tank making the area slippery and unsafe. The main focus here is safety. And one more thing that you need to keep in mind is the tank should not have any sharp edges or broken parts.
- Get set go ‘Cleaning’: Drain out all the water left in the tank. Use your water pipe or tap to clean the dirt present in the tank. Do this twice or thrice. Make sure you have drained out all the water from the water tank. If possible, get a clean rod, tie a scrubber to it and clean the tank by driving out the debris and mud settled at the bottom. Use your regular dish washing liquid or soap with hot water to remove the dirt and debris settled at the bottom of your water tank.
- Disinfect the tank: After completing the cleaning job, make sure to disinfect the tank. Well, keep in mind not to use any harsh chemicals that might reach you with the water. Chlorine is a good option to cleanse the tank. It kills the germs and disinfects it. But, make sure to leave the tank’s taps open afterwards, to get the chlorinated water wash away.
- Wash out the mess: Now that you’ve disinfected and extracted the dirt, it’s time to wash them off. Use your regular water pipe and spray the water onto the tank. Look out for every nook and corner while cleaning the tank.
- Clean the belongings: The hoses, pipes, and anything that touches the water tank must also be cleaned properly. Cleanse it with hot water and dish washer and flush accordingly to remove residues and other waste material.
What if you cannot clean it by yourself? In a situation, where your tank is unsafe to be cleaned in person and only a professional can do the job. You need not worry! We are here to sort this out for you. We will connect you to the best cleaning experts anywhere across Delhi NCR. In addition to cleaning your water tanks, our service experts ensure neatness and meet hygiene standards as well. They make sure to clean up your tanks like never before.
How ServicePik helps you?
ServicePik is one of the leading service providers in Delhi NCR. We are armed with the best in the industry service experts who cater to your day to day home service needs. Our service experts come with proper training to work with perfection. Water is an important source/part of life. So, we cannot compromise with its cleanliness and purity. Our method of cleaning water tanks ensures the removal of impurities such as sand, mud, algae, moss, viruses, and bacteria from the tank. Our water storage tank cleaning services are ideal for underground and overhead water tanks. Our service experts use modern machines and equipment like high-pressure jet cleaners, UV radiation sources, sanitizers, etc. to eliminate all the contaminants from the tank. You can easily book your service from ServicePik for a seamless experience.
Why choose ServicePik for water tank cleaning service?
We give prompt service and our service experts are quick in cleaning your messy tanks. All that you need to do is reach us by a call or through our website and we will allot a service agent to help you get the service done immediately.
Quality is what we vouch for:
Our team works hard to deliver quality at its best. We cannot compromise with the quality of the service we provide.
Services with ServicePik are affordable when compared to other players in the market. We have the most pocket friendly prices without losing on the quality and perfection in our service.
Trained Service experts:
We deploy a team of well trained and professional experts. Our experts have years of expertise in water cleaning service. So, there is not a single point of time that can leave the customer unhappy with our services.
Safe cleaning agents and materials:
Our service experts only use safe cleaning agents, and equipment so that your health is not compromised at any stage. Safety is our first and foremost concern and we abide by that promise.
Precautions that can help
As we always know ‘Precaution is always better than cure’. Make a practice of cleaning your water tanks regularly and stick to the preventive measures. Keep the water tank covered to discourage any dirt, dust, grime, or rainwater enter the tank.
Not only drinking water, but the water used for bathing, freshening up, cleaning dishes, washing clothes, etc. too should be clean to prevent disease and contaminations. Protect yourself from water-borne diseases that cause 3.4 million deaths in a year. These diseases include Diarrhoea, Cholera, and other serious ones like Guinea worm disease, and Dysentery. Follow the precautions well in advance to minimize the effect of water-borne diseases.
Overhead water tanks should likely be placed in the north, the northwest or the west direction.
Ensure that the tanks are not placed above the main entrance of the house as it might attract health problems and cause depression. Underground tanks should be kept in the north or the east direction of the building for a prosperous life.
Colours have a big impact on our lives. Even our mood, actions, and mind get influenced by them. They are highly communicative and influence the human behavior at large. According to the color psychology, our feelings are directly associated or rooted with our experiences and upbringing according to a specific tradition/culture. The psychological effects of colours are deeply rooted with our life experiences and the notions we are raised with. Like white is widely accepted as a colour that symbolizes peace. A vibrant colour incites happiness and positivity whereas as shades like grey make you feel dull and lack of positivity around. Be it a work place or your home, understanding the colour psychology would help you immensely in enhancing the positive aspects.
Painting your house in a specific colour is a signature of your individual personality. Interior designers also go for colour psychology while choosing colours for their client’s walls. The science behind colours plays a key role for interior designers and decorators. So, they first suggest the suitable colour palettes for a space such as soothing colours for the bedroom, lively colours for the living area, calm colours for the study and purple or lavender shades for the praying or pooja area. And then you can pick which shade among the suggested palette suits your mood and preference so that they can get the paint done. It is also integral to pick drapery and furnishing in sync with your wall colour to create a wonderful themed look. Either go for complementing shades or contrast shades that work well with each other, whichever way you like. But, one thing must be kept in mind the choice of colours totally depends on the needs of a room and activities linked to it. For example, a vibrant color and texture needs to be opted for your living area as it’s the most displayed space in your den.
Tips to choose colors for your rooms:
When you’re choosing the perfect colour for your home, go through the following tips to pick the appropriate colour for your wall:
These colors range from tints of blue to green, giving you a lively, fresh and relaxed feeling. They are soothing, calming and bring positive vibes every time you enter the room. Perfect shades to adorn your bedroom walls.
Colors involving red, yellow and orange shades comes under this section. These colors give a promising and inviting feeling. Suitable for kitchens and living areas. Red and maroon colors bring romantic and pleasant vibes. These colors are suitable for bedrooms making a cozy and welcoming atmosphere. But getting the entire bedroom painted in red or orange might seem too much. To add a calming effect, get a single wall painted with red and maroon and blend in another complementing colour from the colour-wheel. It will create a balance between warmth and coolness.
Black, grey and white hues are the colours that you can consider for monoichrome look. Though these colours are ideally not picked by most homemakers as they find it not so enticing for their homes. In case you are keen to have the colours on your walls, opt for a single wall with some textures so that the monochrome colours don’t over-power the other shades in the room. Though, you can widely use white for your walls, depending on the people inhibiting your space. If there are toddlers then its better to stay away from white or light shades or at least plan to get the borders painted with a darker shade that can be safe from their artistic explorations. Or you can get a washable paint there and wipe off their scribbles and arts later.
You can be creative too, check how!
Gotta creative mind? Why don’t you help yourself putting your creative ideas onto your walls. We have a short hack to make it bit quick.
Plan your ideas:
Give yourself an assurance that you are going to do it on your own! Google out the wall painting designs and ideas as per your choice.
Choose the room you want to paint:
About the colour:
Do an assessment about which colour suits you and your mood at the best. Check if you need any contrasting shades to create a better look.
Prepare the materials:
Keep the items listed and buy them beforehand. Also, you must cover your furniture with a cloth or newspaper to avoid any paint on them.
Use wall putty to cover the wall:
Wall putty is usually used to cover all the unwanted marks that are present on the wall. It is recommended for hiding all the dirty marks and uneven spots on the wall surface. Also, it gives an even shade to the wall for a uniformly painted look.
Time to paint:
You can now proceed to paint the desired color all over the wall, use a ladder or a safe stool to reach the desired area to paint.
Selection of the room is a very crucial part when painting on your own. Pick the room that you think you can paint best and keep a check on the area of the walls in the room.
Some quick tips
Choose the correct paint type:
Latex Paint – Opt for a latex paint, it is eco-friendly, odourless and dries quickly.
Acrylic Paint – You can pick acrylic paints for the exterior walls or wooden surface. It retains color and shine for a very long time.
Alkyd Paint – This paint is appropriate for indoors. It is useful for the areas that face wear and tear, such as children rooms or bedrooms. Alkyd paint are durable and stain resistant, however these are sensitive to UV rays which can cause fading.
Use indoor plants or artifacts:
To make the paint look livelier, you can keep indoor plants against a vibrantly coloured wall or some artifacts to embellish its look. Hang self-painted creations on the wall.
Why not try textures:
Mostly everyone gives hands on texture walls, keeping one wall with texture and other walls plain. These textures are eye-catching and comes with a flood of variety. You can even create your own textures to add that distinct touch of creativity to your walls.
Painting your house can either be an easy or a tough job, depending on how you manage the task. If you want us to transform your walls professionally then our painting service experts are just a call away! Professional painters, quick response, neatly done walls with your desired idea is what ServicePik offers you. If you want a complete makeover of your home, even we have interior designers to help you out.
According to Vastu the ideal colours for bedrooms and dining area are light blue, light green and shades of pink. Green symbolizes fertility, growth, nature, prosperity and abundance. Pink and green also represent joy and purity, the perfect colours for bathrooms.
We hope this article can help you in any of the ways, and we’d love your views on the same. Let us know your views in the comments section below. Explore our ServicePik blogs to know such interesting facts about home care!
Are you sitting and reading this article? Well, it’s time you should stop and think how long do you SIT and READ on the screens! We know the technological advancement has forced us to stay fixed with the computer screens leaving us deskbound for longer durations, however entertainment is not the only purpose any longer. Modern-day jobs involve a sedentary lifestyle whether you work with an IT firm, a government establishment or any other industry. But, have you ever thought of the numerous repercussions to your health? This is too obvious nowadays to guess that you spend all your time going through e-mails or scrolling through your favourite social media. Have you realized that all of these are restricting your physical movements as you don’t budge from your place? We get so engrossed in the mechanism of working and earning that we don’t even leave the desk to have food, in order to eat and work simultaneously!
According to WHO, an estimated 3.2 million deaths in the world attribute to a lack of physical activity. The sedentary lifestyle being followed by most of us is responsible for increasing the risk of heart disease and diabetes as well as the loss of muscle and bone strength.
We spend a lot of time sitting! On an average we spend more than 9 hours sitting, and 7+ hours sleeping, don’t you think that’s too much of sitting!! The impact of this may lead to an increased rate of obesity and other related diseases.
It’s high time that you understand that sitting idle at one place for longer is going to harm your health immensely. Also, it’s time to break the myth that being at office and sitting on a chair for the whole day means a sacrifice of your exercise routine!
Here are a few exercises to get you going…
1. Chair Squats
Take time for these between meetings, on calls or any time. Stand up from your chair, lower your body back down, stopping right before you sit back down. (Keep your weight in your heels to work those glutes). Then stand back up again. Do it at least 10 reps at once.
This exercise is quite similar to chair squats with a slight variation. From your chair, stand up, sit back down and repeat 10 more times. Simple! You can look left and right alternatively along with this to do a little exercise of your neck as well to relieve the strain.
3. Tricep Dips
Tricep dips can be done pretty much anywhere. Use your desk or your chair if it doesn’t have wheels on it. Position your hands shoulder-width apart on that desk or chair, then move your butt off the chair with your legs extended out in front of you. Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints.
4. Calf Raises
Stand up behind your chair and hold on for support. You can even take the support of the cubicle to do so. Raise your heels off the floor until you are standing on your toes. Slowly lower yourself back to the floor. Do 3 sets of 10 reps each.
5. Shoulder Press
Look around the office and find an old phone book or a ream of paper, something that weighs a few pounds. You can even use 2 water bottles of 1-liter capacity. Hold it at shoulder height and then raise it all the way overhead. 10 reps. 3 times.
You can keep this move stationary and do it at your desk, or you could go all out and lunge down the hall to the printer and back. With one leg in front of the other, gently lower the knee of the leg that is at the back down towards the ground. Like you were going to propose to a co-worker. 10 times on each leg. Keep your hands at your sides. You can even hold some weight on both the hands.
7. Desk Push-Ups
First things first: Make sure your desk is sturdy enough to support your body weight! Then, take a few steps back, so you can place your hands flat on your desk, a little wider than shoulder-width. Lower yourself down towards your desk, keeping your core tight. Then push back up until arms are straight but not locked. Try to do 20 reps.
There are countless ways to inculcate more activity in your daily life. There are plenty of desk and chair exercises that you can incorporate in your daily routine. But one of the best ways to eliminate back pain and stiff necks is to make sure that your posture is correct and you sit properly. For all the sitting we do, honestly, we aren’t very good at it. Being out of alignment causes aches and fatigue that can have serious consequences such as asthma, disc compression, arthritis, and sciatic nerve pain.
Your neck and back strain can be drastically reduced if your desk chair is at the right height, your knees and hips are at 90-degree angle and your feet are flat on the floor. To maintain a good posture, keep your lower back pressed against your chair. Another important hack you can try to maintain a good posture is to make sure that the top one-third of your monitor is above eye level.
You now have a lot of tips and tricks to save yourself from the sedentary lifestyle and reduce your waistline. Ideally, you should get up from your desk at least once in an hour even if it’s not an exercise. Set an alarm to remind you to stop looking at your screen and get up and move! Or, you can wear a health band or fitness band to remind you to wake up and get moving. Walking for just a few minutes an hour can reduce the negative effects of sitting. You aren’t still sitting, are you?
GET UP! GET MOVING!!