How to beat Air Pollution
Hello, Delhiites’! How are you breathing?
“Dilli Ka Sab Acha, Sirf Hawa Nahi”
Do you share the same feeling?
Check out what can help you to combat pollution, it’s just a 5 minutes job.
The title itself says what we are going to talk about but there’s a twist! We are not going to repeat the same words we will be telling you easy ways to beat the pollution instead! Air pollution refers to the presence of excessive amounts of certain impurities such as dirt, dust, and chemical substances, gases, etc. that can be dangerous to health.
As the skies lit up with fireworks on Diwali, pollution peaked across northern India like every other part of the country celebrating this festival of lights. But the pollution in Delhi came to the limelight two weeks before Diwali. Making the city, one of the un-safest places to breathe in.
Let’s check the Air Quality Index statistics of New Delhi in October.
The initial days of October served a good air quality index. Post 2nd October, gradually the air quality started deteriorating as the festival days were ahead. The results prevailing at the month end was worst and Delhi was being called as a poisonous gas house that was hazardous to live in!
The Government of Delhi has already started acting on air pollution through the ‘Odd-Even’ Scheme. But the question is what are we doing on our part and is this enough to beat the demon called ‘Air Pollution’? After the festive season, we are not in a mood to pull our socks down! Since we work to help you in this crucial situation, we have come up with a solution to this issue!
So, let’s list down what can you do to improvise or work on fixing the monstrous pollution in Delhi. Judge yourself on this!
- How often do you clean your home and outside verandas?
- Do you prefer wearing a mask or breathe in a fresh air?
- Do you have plants – both indoors and outdoors?
- Public transport or your personal vehicle – what’s your pick?
- Do you have air purifiers at home?
- The main question, do you or anyone at your place smoke?
While reading the above points, we know you have all the right answers to all of the questions. We always look to blame others for the problems we face, that’s common human tendency. Keep in mind that there is always two parties involved in every issue. Hence, we are also a part of the problems we face! You cannot always blame the society, for polluting the environment. You must always stand first, take responsibility and convince others to follow your steps.
We have jotted down ways to save you from the black chamber outside:
- The task with utmost priority is cleaning your surroundings. It comprises of cleaning everything from the water tanks to washrooms, rooms having windows and dust prone areas in the house. You can get the cleaning done with the help of service experts from online providers like ServicePik. Many factors can affect the quality of indoor air, from cooking to burning incense. Also ensure to chuck major dust collectors, such as old cushions and heavily upholstered furniture.
- You can keep air-purifiers at home and to keep the indoor air clean. This air friendly technology can make you free from harmful airborne particles such as dust, dander and pollen, is the best way to cope with allergies as well as other respiratory infections. This is highly recommended for expectant moms-to-be or new mothers, new born babies, toddlers, elderly people, people sensitive to pollens and dust allergies, or pets at home. This is an expensive deal and is only preferable when you spend most of the time indoors.
- Wear a mask, but a breathable respirator. Because, you shouldn’t get choked by the mask. To avail the benefits, you’ll need to purchase an air-purifying respirator, rather than a facial accessory made from cloth. Wearing a respirator seems essential to those diagnosed with lung infections, asthma, cardiovascular disease and are obese or diabetic.
- Allow indoor plants to spread freshness and vitality as plants absorb carbon dioxide and release pure oxygen in the environment. If you cannot afford Air purifiers, you can keep air-purifying indoor plants inside your house. Plants such as Snake plant, Spider plant, Boston Fern, Peace Lily etc. can remove harmful toxins from the air.
You can check the plants that are suitable under this category.
What all services does ServicePik offer?
House Cleaning Services: Take the help of ServicePik experts to get rid of dust and dirt from your house. Home services include Sofa deep cleaning, Bathroom cleaning, Fan cleaning, wiping and cleaning the rooms, floor cleaning, kitchen and living room cabinets, deep cleaning the home, etc.
You can book your house cleaning services through the following link:
Car Wash Services: Dirty cars, means dirty air. Cars and trucks are one of the leading causes of air pollution — but cleaner vehicles can help limiting the emission and pollution. Keeping your car washed is a low-cost way to protect and prevent against contaminants such as dirt, pollen, tree sap, air pollutants and deceased bugs. To book car cleaning services, you can call ServicePik right away!
Now that you have a fair idea about fighting air pollution on your own, here is a quick Vastu tip for your rescue!
Vastu Tip: Tulsi (Holy Basil) Plant
It is a great air purifier, and is highly significant in Vaastu Shastra. For best results, place a Tulsi plant in a pot in the north, east or northeast direction of your house where there is ample amount of sunlight and air. It brings positive energies and purifies the air with its aroma.
So, to beat Dilli Ka Pollution, follow the above stated tips. We hope that it turns out good for you and the environment. If you have any suggestions or more tips that can help, feel free to share them in our comments section!