Life In Lockdown: How To Cope-Up With That
The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 outbreak a global pandemic whereas U.S. President Donald Trump declared it as a national emergency! Apart from the COVID-19 patients, people who are not infected by the fast-spreading virus has to willingly or unwillingly were forced to stay indoors due to the lockdown. This is to safeguard themselves and others they might come in contact with. It’s been quite a while that we are under home quarantine and it will stretch over a couple of weeks! Being indoors for such a long period we feel helpless and eager to step outside, tired of this house-arrest.
Being at home all the time is boring – away from friends, family (people who leave alone), sinful movie time with friends, long drives with loved ones. We have listed down a good collection of fruitful tips, for you to try during the quarantine. These tips will cover what all you can do sitting at your home. From cleaning your home to getting rid of your boredom, we have got it covered!
Tips for a healthier home:
Now that we are under home quarantine, it’s equally important to keep our homes clean and organized as we are spending more time indoors. Executing this task alone is tough, so let’s see how we can do it quickly.
- It’s essential to clean and sanitize your home frequently with utmost caution. Staying indoors doesn’t mean you should neglect cleaning it. Home accumulates dust and germs with time, irrespective of you moving out or not.
- Divide tasks between family members like dusting the home. Frequently touched places like doorknobs, handles, switches, sink, remote, etc. should be sanitized regularly.
- Wash your towels, bedcovers, pillow covers, scarf, kitchen towels with warm water to get rid of dirt, tough stains and germs. Pay special attention to clean your footwear if you go out.
- You can use bleaching powder to clean surfaces, such as sinks and bathroom floors, slabs, when disinfectant is not available. Wet the surface and sprinkle bleaching powder on it. Leave for a while and scrub or wipe it off for a cleaner and germ-free space.
- Ensure to place a hand sanitizer near the entrance and leave your grocery bag in the sun.
These quick tips can help you keep your home clean, organized, and infection free in the long run. Remember healthy practices are for life to ensure a healthier place to live.
How to kill the boredom :
With ample of free time at hand, why not do something special during these quarantine days? Something extra, something creative? Sounds exciting? Check our quarantine hacks to make the quarantine less suffering!
- If you are working from home, arrange a creative setup to enjoy it! You can add colorful cushions to the sitting area with all the crave-worthy delicacies at one hand. For the quick breaks to unclutter your mind – you can have your favourite novels next to your work desk setup. You can read a page or two or take a nap from your stressful work!
- Make time for your family. Flip the situation, and spare more time for your family. It will make you happy and relaxed.
- Make performing the household tasks a game! Work as you play! Split the family into teams that will work on different areas of the house – for example, one of you can clean the living room, the other can take over the bathroom, someone might fix the bedrooms, kitchens and so on! This way you will be in a win-win situation, cleaning and playing together! Reward kids for finishing the tasks. You can also assign a “Task Deadline”, wherein who will do their tasks fast will get something good after the lockdown gets over.
- Don’t rely too much on technology. Everybody is passing their time by binge-watching their favorites on Netflix or Amazon Prime – series, movies and all the latest stuff available! This might be good to pass your time but not great for your eyes! Instead use your time in cooking, crafting innovative ideas, making home décor artifacts, indulging in gardening, learn painting, calligraphy, music instruments, and much more! There is a world of options that you can grab on!
Tips to maintain a healthy diet :
- It is recommended to have a well-balanced diet, with a good number of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, proteins, and fats to get all the essential nutrients. Ensure to consume tangerines (oranges, lemons, and all vitamin C rich fruits) to stay healthy with a strong immune system to fight viral infections.
- Please ensure that the food is not wasted. It is better to control our hunger pangs and eat reasonably without wasting any food. Eat small portions at regular intervals to satiate your hunger and prevent overeating. Don’t throw away the leftover food, instead give it to the needy or any stary animal.
- Keep yourself hydrated, drink boiled and warm water regularly. For that vitamin C boost and a dash of flavour – you can add a slice of lemon to your water pitcher or bottle.
- Practice safe food hygiene. Wash your hands properly for a minimum of 20 seconds before you eat something. Along with that, wash all your groceries, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Don’t forget to workout if you are at home, you are only under lockdown. You should not skip walking in your terrace or balcony for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. You can choose to exercise or relax through Yoga, aerobics, or Zumba. You can take the help of youtube to learn and practice online sessions for the same.
- Get adequate sleep to avoid any mental and physical fatigue that might ruin your immunity and make you vulnerable to infections or illness. The ‘work from home’ method can make you work for hours in the same posture, but you should not compromise on your sleep because of that. Don’t let the work overpower your me-time. Take breaks in between, and have peaceful sleep for at least 7 hours. This will keep you fresh and energized for the next day and refresh your mind.
You can also follow our social handles to know the daily tips and hacks for you to get the lockdown going easy!
Don’t panic, don’t take too much stress. Avoid watching the news all the time, this can make you worry a lot about the current situation on the pandemic. This can also affect our mental health. If you want some information on the pandemic or how to deal with that, you can check the below link: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/mental-health-considerations.pdf?sfvrsn=6d3578af_8
We hope this article will help you uplift your lockdown mood and cope up with the unnecessary stress. If you feel your home cleaning is not enough and you need to sanitize it, you can approach ServicePik for professional home sanitization service.