Washing Machine Care Hacks
How to Keep Your Washing Machine Up and Running?
Manually doing your household chores has become a passé! Because smart electronic equipment has taken over the territory to ease off your stress. But imagine the worst-case scenario when any of them breaks down and leaves your life out of place? For example, your much-needed washing machine giving up on you one fine day! How are you going to handle this sudden disaster on the face of your already piling up dirty linen? Well, before it’s too late with this great help of yours, we bring you a couple of quick tips as to how to take care of it.
So, here we go with those amazing washing machine care tips:
- Perform Deep Cleaning: Though we mostly ignore to show some to our home appliances it’s important to pamper them every once in a while. Because one fine morning it might stop working and make your day troublesome with a pile of dirty clothes to be washed. The minerals found in water are usually harmless for your machine and clothes, but over time detergent, dirt and fabric particles get deposited inside your machine and clog the pores of the tub. This eventually makes the sensors to respond poorly and might result in serious issues. So, ensure to get the washing machine cleaned with a good cleaner at regular intervals for it to function flawlessly. The cleaning solutions are available for less than 500 rupees which are nominal when compared to an out of order washing machine. Yet if you feel that you are not sure of handling it on your own, then calling for professional help is recommended. There are plenty of service providers such as ServicePik to take care of this.
- Protect it From Splashes and Spillage: Detergent, dirt, and water result in a residual mixture that usually ruin the look of your top-loading machines of late. Because everything such as water, detergent, softeners are poured from the top which leaves splash and spillage marks on the machine exterior. With time build-ups and stains start appearing on your washing machine. Before it goes out of hand and blocks the sensitive parts of your machine ensure to perform regular cleaning of the gasket and the appliance exterior as well.
- Pick the Appropriate Detergent: Avoid using harsh detergents with your machine, as harsh chemicals might ruin your machine. Not only machine parts but also clothes get spoiled with strong alkalic detergents. Pick an environment-friendly powder or solution recommended for your washing machine.
- Safeguard the Finish of Washing Machine: Washing machines are no longer only appliances that clean your laundry, but a piece to show off your interior skills. Yes, you heard it right, they nowadays are a part of the look and feel of the corner you have placed them in. A stylish looking washing machine certainly adds a charm to your space apart from tidying up your dirty linen. For front-loading machines, people even use the top portion as a display table to keep cleaning solutions, detergent powder, and stuff. But, be aware of keeping all the things over time would leave dirt and scratches over the machine surface and ruin its beauty. A sparkling clean machine will enhance the look of your space, unlike a dirty and cluttered one. Make sure to wipe off the top of your machine using a glass cleaner to maintain its original finish and gloss.
- Clean the Dispenser-Trays: Softener and detergent dispenser trays in your washing machine let the machine to mix water with the softener and soap, and pouring them into the washing tub. Though it’s a clean process, with time a gradual build-up of residue occurs over the trays if not cleaned at regular intervals. Eventually, it leads to bacterial growth and toxic elements that contaminate and ruin the hygiene of your clean clothes.
- Tidy up the Gasket: Your washing machine’s gasket always goes under the grill with bucket loads of laundry being washed frequently. Detergent spillage and dust are accumulated on the gasket usually on top load machines as dust particles are deposited with every operation (opening and closing the lid). The dirt and grime get stuck to the gasket, and as the gasket doesn’t get properly wet, it is seldom self-cleaned during a laundry session. The gasket protects your clothes and your hands from sharp edges of the machine’s washer-dryer and needs regular to work well. Make sure to clean it up every now and then.
- Prevent Moisture Deposition Inside the Machine: Once you are done washing clothes or drying them, leave the lip of the machine open for a while. Let the moisture get evaporated, however, you should not leave the lid open for longer and attract dust and grim. Immediately closing the lids will trap the moisture within the machine and result in bacteria and germ build-up. Allow the door to stay open for about 15-20 minutes and then wipe the moisture off with a soft towel.
- Use a Cover and Trolley for your Machine: As most machines are kept in balconies, make sure to cover it with a plastic cover to protect it from dust or rain splashes. Moreover, use a trolley to keep the machine over it and move it as you desire indoors or outdoors. Clean the cover every 2 to 3 weeks to avoid dust and grim depositions.
Here comes our Quick Tip:
Pour 1-2 tablespoon of Harpic liquid mixed with water and leave it for half an hour inside your washing tub. Rinse thoroughly afterward for a sparkly clean washing tub minus the germs!
If you have taken well care of your machine and yet it stopped functioning properly one fine day, then you know whom to call for. Pick your phone and reach out to ServicePik Washing Machine experts and get your machine back on track. Their service is one of its kind with the best professionals on board. Quick response time and affordable prices make them the favourite choice for Delhi NCR.