Why is it important to clean your water tank regularly?
Do you remember when was the last time you have cleaned your water tank? Your water tank or water storage system should always meet the highest of hygiene standards. With gradual use, impurities and residues sit at the bottom of your water tank. Eventually leading to the birth of pathogens, bacteria, and germs that contaminate the water that enters and leaves the tank. If you examine the stored water in your tank, you’ll confront the impurities and dirt settled underneath. These bacteria and other germs contaminate the water which you use without knowing how unsafe it is for you. Worried enough about the health risks that follows?
The question here is how often do you clean your water tank? Cleaning your water tank regularly is a must, especially for houses having pregnant ladies, elderly people, ailing member, infants or kids. The water storage systems must always be cleaned once in every month or at regular intervals. Are you wondering about how it can be done? Well, we have everything in your interest here. You can clean the tank all by yourself if your tank is in safe reach, or you can take the help of a water tank cleaning expert available in your vicinity or book one from online service providers such as ServicePik.
How to clean your water tank yourself?
Here is a step by step approach for cleaning the water tanks on your own. Please go through the following steps to make the work flow in the right direction.
- Choose the water tank: This foremost step involves selecting the tank on the basis of accessibility, ease of cleaning, and safety. Check if your tank can be cleaned normally. For that it must be easily accessible to you. The location of the tank should be safe enough to conduct self-cleaning. Else, you must get in touch with a professional cleaning service to take up the job. There might be moss and mud due to accumulated dirt and water overflowing from the tank making the area slippery and unsafe. The main focus here is safety. And one more thing that you need to keep in mind is the tank should not have any sharp edges or broken parts.
- Get set go ‘Cleaning’: Drain out all the water left in the tank. Use your water pipe or tap to clean the dirt present in the tank. Do this twice or thrice. Make sure you have drained out all the water from the water tank. If possible, get a clean rod, tie a scrubber to it and clean the tank by driving out the debris and mud settled at the bottom. Use your regular dish washing liquid or soap with hot water to remove the dirt and debris settled at the bottom of your water tank.
- Disinfect the tank: After completing the cleaning job, make sure to disinfect the tank. Well, keep in mind not to use any harsh chemicals that might reach you with the water. Chlorine is a good option to cleanse the tank. It kills the germs and disinfects it. But, make sure to leave the tank’s taps open afterwards, to get the chlorinated water wash away.
- Wash out the mess: Now that you’ve disinfected and extracted the dirt, it’s time to wash them off. Use your regular water pipe and spray the water onto the tank. Look out for every nook and corner while cleaning the tank.
- Clean the belongings: The hoses, pipes, and anything that touches the water tank must also be cleaned properly. Cleanse it with hot water and dish washer and flush accordingly to remove residues and other waste material.
What if you cannot clean it by yourself? In a situation, where your tank is unsafe to be cleaned in person and only a professional can do the job. You need not worry! We are here to sort this out for you. We will connect you to the best cleaning experts anywhere across Delhi NCR. In addition to cleaning your water tanks, our service experts ensure neatness and meet hygiene standards as well. They make sure to clean up your tanks like never before.
How ServicePik helps you?
ServicePik is one of the leading service providers in Delhi NCR. We are armed with the best in the industry service experts who cater to your day to day home service needs. Our service experts come with proper training to work with perfection. Water is an important source/part of life. So, we cannot compromise with its cleanliness and purity. Our method of cleaning water tanks ensures the removal of impurities such as sand, mud, algae, moss, viruses, and bacteria from the tank. Our water storage tank cleaning services are ideal for underground and overhead water tanks. Our service experts use modern machines and equipment like high-pressure jet cleaners, UV radiation sources, sanitizers, etc. to eliminate all the contaminants from the tank. You can easily book your service from ServicePik for a seamless experience.
Why choose ServicePik for water tank cleaning service?
We give prompt service and our service experts are quick in cleaning your messy tanks. All that you need to do is reach us by a call or through our website and we will allot a service agent to help you get the service done immediately.
Quality is what we vouch for:
Our team works hard to deliver quality at its best. We cannot compromise with the quality of the service we provide.
Services with ServicePik are affordable when compared to other players in the market. We have the most pocket friendly prices without losing on the quality and perfection in our service.
Trained Service experts:
We deploy a team of well trained and professional experts. Our experts have years of expertise in water cleaning service. So, there is not a single point of time that can leave the customer unhappy with our services.
Safe cleaning agents and materials:
Our service experts only use safe cleaning agents, and equipment so that your health is not compromised at any stage. Safety is our first and foremost concern and we abide by that promise.
Precautions that can help
As we always know ‘Precaution is always better than cure’. Make a practice of cleaning your water tanks regularly and stick to the preventive measures. Keep the water tank covered to discourage any dirt, dust, grime, or rainwater enter the tank.
Not only drinking water, but the water used for bathing, freshening up, cleaning dishes, washing clothes, etc. too should be clean to prevent disease and contaminations. Protect yourself from water-borne diseases that cause 3.4 million deaths in a year. These diseases include Diarrhoea, Cholera, and other serious ones like Guinea worm disease, and Dysentery. Follow the precautions well in advance to minimize the effect of water-borne diseases.
Overhead water tanks should likely be placed in the north, the northwest or the west direction.
Ensure that the tanks are not placed above the main entrance of the house as it might attract health problems and cause depression. Underground tanks should be kept in the north or the east direction of the building for a prosperous life.