Yoga is an ancient practice that brings together the mind and body. Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word “YUJ”, which means union. It incorporates breathing exercises, meditation and poses designed to encourage relaxation and reduce stress.
A consistent practice offers all kinds of mental and physical health benefits, like improved flexibility, stress reduction.
Benefits of Yoga:
- Mental focus
- Greater flexibility
- Strengthen bones and joints
- Controls blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol
- Promotes weight loss
- Reduces stress
- Better skeletal alignment
- Enhanced brain function
- Improves skin tone
- Better mental clarity
- Slows down the ageing process
- Reduces the risk of memory loss
The health benefits of yoga for kids:
builds strength and balance
Enhances flexibility and coordination
Improves digestion and sleep
Improves stress response
Reduces depressive symptoms and anxiety
Improves anger control
Enhances mental processing
Improves academic performance
Improves concentration and focus
Improves peer relations>
Health benefits of Yoga For women
Regular yoga practice offers increased flexibility, muscle tone, mental clarity, back health and enhanced circulation.
Some Yoga postures are especially supportive of women. Yoga also improves mental health and ease the daily stress that often comes from multitasking.
Yoga helps you navigate the most unpleasant feelings of your cycle and ease the contractions of the uterus that causes cramps.
During Menopause, yoga helps you deal with the changes your body is going through. Regular yoga practice helps other unpleasant side effects experienced during this hormonal shift, anxiety, depression and mood swings.
Yoga can make you more sensitive to cues of hunger and fullness, which help you develop a more positive relationship with food.
Feeling of well-being
Yoga boost self-confidence, acceptance of rapid changes during puberty, it helps build self-esteem, better body-mind concentration, a healthy mindset.
- helps to focus on breath to relax the mind
- encourages gentle stretching
- emphasizes good posture
- strengthens and conditions the vital muscle groups to ease pregnancy, labour, and recovery.
- Certain series like the modified cat-cow position the baby for delivery
- Twists encourage blood flood flow to reproductive organs to correct hormonal imbalances
- Decreases lower back pain, nausea, carpal tunnel syndrome, headaches and shortness of breath
Yoga for Men
- Relieve stress: Yoga employs several relaxation techniques, which, with regular practice, can make you calmer overall. Along with training your body yoga trains your mind to see the bigger picture.
- Get flexible: Most series of yoga asanas include one or more spinal twists to loosen the many joints that make up your spine, further improving tennis game and golf swing as well as promote detoxification and good digestion.
- Build more muscle: Supplement the regular lifting in the gym with yoga, it increases access to more muscle fibre.
- Enhances productivity
- Doing only 20 min. of yoga daily helps people get more focused, and take better decisions about issues and memory retention improves along with increased energy.
- Yoga is a natural remedy that is best to deal with anything be it as minor as a cold or as major as chronic back pain. Certain yoga poses encourage food digestion, getting rid of bowel troubles and also helps in better nutrition absorption thus leading to having more energy.