Meditation is a mental discipline by which the practitioner attempts to get beyond the reflexive “ thinking” mind into a deeper state of relaxation or awareness.
Meditation is a habitual process of training your mind to focus and redirect your thoughts. You can use it to increase awareness of yourself and your surroundings. Many people think of it as a way to reduce stress and develop concentration. It’s not about focusing one’s thoughts on one thing, but instead on becoming thoughtless.
Meditation practice helps the body learn to relax, a benefit that continues when it’s time to hit the hay.
“Meditation is the foundation for good health & when you add it your routine small miracles start to happen” ———— LUKE MILLER
IMPORTANCE OF MEDITATION
- Regular meditation helps in relieving stress and thus improves the quality of sleep. Less stress means more happiness. It is believed that meditation improves the immune system and thereby helps in controlling blood pressure and lowering blood cholesterol.
- By daily practising meditation, you will become a calmer person. There will be mental stability in every task you perform.
- Today’s life is full of stress, influencing our daily routine. Meditation reduces the production of stress-related hormones like cortisol and increases the production of serotonin (good hormone), thereby, reducing stress.
- When our mind works faster than required, we don’t get good and proper sleep. Regular meditation helps in relieving stress and improving the quality of sleep.
- Meditation also helps to develop habits and feelings like; positive mood and outlook, self-discipline, healthy sleep patterns and even increased pain tolerance.
- Meditation also helps to control job-related anxiety in high-pressure work environments.
- Some forms of meditation may help you develop a stronger understanding of yourself, helping you grow into your best self.
- Even meditating for a short period may benefit you. Improvements in attention and clarity of thinking may help keep your mind young.
- Through meditation, people learn to develop kind thoughts and feelings towards themselves and through practice, they learn to extend this kindness and forgiveness externally.
- Meditation also helps to control food cravings, also they can recover from long-term addiction.
- With regular meditation, the mothers-to-be also showed more intense bonding with their babies in the womb.
- Meditation helps manage ADHD(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder), contributing to an overall improvement in attention symptoms.
- Multitasking is not only a dangerous productivity myth, but it’s also a source of stress. People after practising regular meditation reported lower levels of stress and showed better memory for the tasks they had performed.
- Satsang (chanting a mantra repetitively) improves participants ability to perform memory tasks in age-related memory tasks.
i.e. regular meditation helps to regain memory and mental